Well, I was supposed to have a regular OB appt yesterday (Fri 10/10) but when I found out that it was with the one OB in the practice that I don't like, I decided to re-schedule in hopes of getting a different OB. Luckily, they were able to re-schedule me to Thursday (10/9) morning and the appt was with one of my favorite OBs!
The appt went well. I weigh 106 or 107 (preggo brain - I honestly can't remember which) so that means I have gained a total of 24 or 25 pounds. That is good for me, but I'm kind of hoping I don't gain more than 30 total by the end of the pregnancy... so hopefully no more than 5-6 pounds between now and Madelyn's arrival. haha Yeah right - this end stretch is when the pounds pack on!! Madelyn's heartrate is perfect! She is still measuring 2 weeks small (which amuses me because I feel like I'm as big as a whale right now... and people aren't shy to affirm that) but my OB said not to worry. The ultrasound from two weeks ago showed that Madelyn might be measuring small on the outside, but she is growing well and already weighing in the 75th percentile! While the OB was listening to the heartrate, Madelyn decided to pull one of her "alien in the stomach" movements that even startled the OB! I said to her, "Aren't you used to seeing that?" She said normally there will be a kick or something, but not the entire stomach moving.
I brought one of my lists of questions to the appt... I am famous for questioning my doctors almost to the point of it being ridiculous. She was extremely patient with me though and answered everything very thoroughly - as if there weren't six grumpy pregnant women sweating in the waiting room, waiting on her. One of the things I asked was at what point (what week exactly) they typically do NOT try to stop labor? Her answer shocked me - She says I'm just beyond that point already!!!!! I thought for sure it'd be a few more weeks, but apparently not. That really made me want to get things prepared for Madelyn, just incase she decides to be an October baby instead of a November baby! (The birthstone is definitely prettier in October!)
After my appt, April, Ben, and the boys came by the apartment. Thank goodness they did! Talk about lifesavers - they actually got things accomplished to prepare for Madelyn. They put our car seat in my car for me... mostly because I was worried whether or not it would fit properly. Now that it's in there though, I'm not taking it out. John and I would never be able to figure it out! (okay, yes, I realize we are going to have to learn how to do it ourselves because eventually the car seat will have to be moved for some reason I'm sure) We also got the stroller put together, which is nice for me because it is my one ALL pink baby gear item - which I am very excited about!
Today (Sat 10/11) I had planned on going to Homestead with April, Ben, the boys, Colleen, etc. but Colleen told me that there really weren't places to rest. It was all about being on your feet and usually it was pretty crowded. So I totally chickened out. I don't mind shopping because the mall is full of benches and/or resting areas... but I didn't think I'd last very long outside surrounded with people and not having many options for resting. After lunch I drove by Homestead to glance at it (I've never been that I remember) and the parking lot looked PACKED so I really thought it'd be better not to attempt it. Instead, I went and checked out the new Target. It was insane! Three levels, you have to enter through the parking garage, escalators just for the carts... very cool stuff! I loved how clean and organized it was! My absolute FAVORITE thing about the new Target is how many employees they had working today. I liked it because there were a ton of registers open and a ton of people around just to help you. My biggest complaint with the other Targets in the area is how long the lines get because they'll have maybe 3 or 4 registers open. What's the point of having 12 registers if you only use a quarter of them?? I broke down and bought one bottle of Dreft detergent, even though I know it's not necessary and we use All Free & Clear, which everyone says does the same thing... I guess I just wanted to use Dreft just once... I'm a dork, I know.
I came home to wash baby clothes... I washed and washed and washed and washed!! This little girl has more clothing than ME and she isn't even here yet!! I did a crazy amount of laundry this afternoon and I didn't even get it all washed - I'll hopefully finish it tomorrow after church. It took me a while to get through all of the stuff. First, I took the tags off of the new clothes and opened all the packs of onsies and the crib sheets and the blankets, etc. Then I separated them by size and color, then I washed. After that, I started going through the hand-me-downs. I have gotten BOXES of stuff from my co-workers. I had to pick through everything to choose what we'd keep and what we'll be taking to Good Will next week.
I had a few uncomfortable contractions today that didn't seem to want to go away by drinking water. Since they didn't increase in frequency or strengh though, I figured it was no big deal. I would be VERY surprised if Madelyn came before the last week in Oct/Nov. However, now I am absolutely EXHAUSTED! Since it is after 11pm, I'm going to try to get some sleep.
ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment