Saturday, October 4, 2008

Trying out this blog thing...

Well, my mom keeps talking about how much she likes April's blog because it's easy to stay updated. I finally took the "hint" and here I am starting one. I have no idea if I will be very good at updating this regularly though, especially since I have a teacher webpage that I already update daily and I feel like I spend half of my life grading papers.

John is doing well... I am doing well... Madelyn is doing well... Orion is doing well... Wow, okay, so this is going to be a boring blog! John is taking the AAC Police exam the first week of November in hopes of getting away from his current job. I am still teaching high school English full-time. This year I got stuck teaching five sections of Freshmen and one section of Yearbook. Needless to say, I am barely hanging onto my sanity and by 2pm, I am ready for a nap! My 9th graders are incredibly grossed out when Madelyn decides to move around enough for my stomach to move. I have a few 9th grade boys sitting in the front row who just watch my stomach when I'm talking to the class because they never know when it's going to move all around. Teaching during the 3rd trimester has been really challenging for me. I didn't think it would be "easy" but I also didn't expect it to be THIS draining. I feel as huge as a whale and my physical discomfort is through the roof.

I hit 33 weeks pregnant today! My c-section is scheduled for Friday, Nov 14th and everyone keeps saying "ONLY six weeks left" ... but lets be honest, patience has never been one of my strong points and I am just so physically exhausted... I would not mind it if Madelyn decided to come a little early and be an October baby instead of a November baby. Maybe this could be her first Halloween? She is a big girl already and is incredibly active! Although, John and I would be in BIG trouble if Madelyn did decide to come early because we have nothing set up for her yet. I keep saying that I'm going to force John to set up the crib... but then it just never happens. Well, my next OB appointment is this Friday, so I will try to remember to update this blog afterwards.

For your amusement, I have posted a little video of Madelyn moving around. If you watch toward the left side of my stomach about 3 seconds into the video and then again toward the end, you'll see her move.

No comments: