Saturday, December 27, 2008

Stroller Walk

I decided this morning that I wanted to get out of the house for a while. April wanted to borrow some DS games and I wanted to get some yummy bagels to toast in John's new toaster oven. So I got Madelyn all dressed, packed up the diaper bag, and set off (it took a little longer than I expected) Thankfully, I love driving and Madelyn loves riding in the car! We drove to SP to drop off games to April, then went to Einsteins. Afterward, we stopped by to spend some time with Meredith because she hadn't gotten a chance to meet Madelyn yet. Madelyn is already 8 weeks old (on Monday)!! Can you believe it?? After our little venture to SP, we decided to stop at the Harbor Center and walk around a little because it is such a nice day. Our Pediatrician said to avoid malls and crowded indoor areas because of flu/cold season, but being outside was fine. She has her BundleMe in the stroller, so we were good to go. Madelyn enjoys being pushed around outside in her stroller even more than riding in the car... the only problem is that she does NOT enjoy stopping! Whenever I would pause to look inside of a store, she'd scream. People would look at me like I had just pinched her or something... so I'd quickly start moving again. When we were ready to go, it took me far too long to get back into the car. There was a car waiting for my parking space almost as soon as I approached our car, so he had to sit and wait until I got Madelyn secure in her car seat, put the diaper bag in the car, folded up the stroller, got the stroller into the trunk, then got myself situated in the front... hopefully I'll get faster as I get used to doing it.

Sorry, no pictures yet today! For John's birthday, I got him (us) a membership to Sam's Club because we can save lots of money, especially on baby supplies like formula and diapers... We haven't gone to Sam's yet to get our membership cards and John said we might do that this evening when he gets off work, if it doesn't look too crowded. If we do, I'll try to take some pictures there.

No comments: